- Notochord, nerve cord muscles and tail will be reduced. All the above structures will help the larva to swim freely in the water. But they are not useful to the sedentary adult.
- The alimentary canal becomes complicated. The pharynx en larges in size. The number of gill slits will increase by divisions. The stomach and intestine will grow.
- The nervous system is reduced and the anterior part of nervous system is developed into a small neuralganglion attached to it neural gland is present.
- The atrial cavity enlarges into a sac like structure.
- The eyespot and statocyst will completely disappear.
- Gonads develop from mesencyme.
RETROGRESSIVE METAMORPHOSIS IN HERDMANIAWritten by BS Media
- Previous topic: HERDMANIA: SPICULES IN THE TEST