You will also discover:
- Full-color design, illustrations, and tables summarize information for convenient review
- Over 450 USMLE-style questions, answers, and rationales both electronically and in print to reinforce your pathology review
- Key topic icons help focus your study
- Correlation boxes emphasize connections between pathology and clinical medicine
- A FREE companion website with access to the E-book, image bank, and an interactive question bank featuring all the questions from the book for engaging, effective test preparation
- Basic principles
- Autonomic drugs
- Cardiovascular-renal drugs
- Drugs with important actions on smooth muscles
- Central nervous system drugs
- Drugs used to treat anemias, clotting disorders, hyperlipidemia, and inflammation and gout
- Endocrine drugs
- Chemotherapeutic and immunologic drugs
- Special subjects (perinatal, geriatric, and dermatologic pharmacology)
- Botanical and "food supplements," and over-the-counter medications
- Drug Summary Tables conclude most chapters, providing a concise summary of the most important drugs
- General concepts relating to newly discovered receptors, receptor mechanisms, and drug transporters
- Descriptions of important new drugs, including monoclonal antibodies
- Large, colorful photographs which beautifully illustrate the concepts outlined in the text.
- Sample descriptions of pathological lesions which serve to aid pathologists in reporting their findings to law enforcement agencies, attorneys, and others involved in investigations of sudden death.
- Do and Don't' sections at the end of each chapter which provide guidance for handling the types of cases examined within preceding sections.
The forty-first edition of Black's Medical Dictionary provides over 5,000 definitions and descriptions of medical terms and concepts, along with over 100 diagrams and drawings including several pages of color illustrations, and is accompanied by appendixes on important subjects such as the National Health Service (including selected statistics), Health Economics, Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Common Medical Tests, and an address list of support and professional organizations. Where relevant, entries contain appropriate cross-references to further information. All material has been checked and updated with new or substantially revised entries. This home compendium is invaluable for all who need an authoritative one-volume medical reference book.
Entries include both defined diseases (such as Parkinson's disease) and pathophysiological entities (such as tremor). The more than 1,200 entries are structured to allow rapid retrieval of information. For more detailed reading, each entry is followed by up to 5 references. The individual entries are written by leading experts in the respective area of research to ensure state-of-the-art descriptions of the mechanisms involved.