Claim- Drinking a cold glass of water after a meal can harm you. The cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you have just consumed, which will line the intestines and lead to cancer.
Is that Bovine Waste Matter I smell?
Even if you accepted these claims as truth, a statement such as "A cardiologist says if you forward this to 10 people..." should have set off any properly working bullshit meter with a host of bells and flashing red lights. When you drink cold water, it is entering a system that self regulates to keep its core temperature within about half a degree, or around 37 c (98.6 f). ( For those that are wondering, typical oral
temperature readings should be slightly cooler at 36.8c (96.2f)). From the time the water first comes into contact with your body, the heat transfer will begin to warm it up, and it will equalize within a few minutes. As an added bonus, drinking a half liter of ice cold water will actually make your body burn around 17 Calories in order to keep its temperature constant. The meal that you just consumed will not be affected in any way, as it will still end up at around the same temperature right up until you... uh "drop it off at the pool", regardless if you decided to wash it down with coffee or ice water afterwards.
Clogged large intestines do not cause cancer, they are a sign
of cancer. Cancer is an uncontrolled division of abnormal cells in a part of the body. One way to think of it is when your cells replicate, a small error suddenly occurs in the copy process. That error gets passed down to the next copy and the next copy and the next. Before you know it, that one erroneous cell is now 2, then 4, then 16, then 256... eventually replacing all the good cells with cheap knock offs, and before long you're shopping for replacement parts because the original one(s) can no longer function the way it was meant to. (Sorry for the bad analogy. I think I have been working on cars too much lately.) Don't worry too much if you're feeling a little clogged up though because there are many other reasons for blockage, and most can be solved with a little bit of fiber in your diet.
A Donor Heart Waiting For The Doctor To Get Back From The Golf Course.
The heart attack information is reasonably accurate but a little incoherent. Jaw pain may be a symptom
of a heart attack, but typically accompanying other symptoms. The American Heart Association's warning signs your ticker may be faulty include;
- Uncomfortable Pressure, a squeezing or pain in the middle of your chest lasting for more than a few minutes
- Mild to intense pain spreading to the shoulders, arms, or neck, or jaw.
- Chest discomfort, feeling light headed, fainting, sweating, nausea, shortness of breath. Anxiety, nervousness, cold or sweaty skin, irregular heart rate,
Not all of these signs will necessarily occur. If you have one or more of these signs it is recommended you seek medical attention immediately, or you're going to end up having a really bad time.
- Snopes Cold Water Myth * http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/coldwater.asp
- Human Body Temperature * http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_body_temperature
- Heart Attack Symptoms And Signs * http://www.healthcentral.com/heart-disease/patient-guide-44510-6.html
- Bowel Obstruction Symptoms And Causes * http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/tc/bowel-obstruction-topic-overview