This edition provides greatly expanded coverage of the interpretation of aspirated cell samples. Innovations in the practice of cytopathology and data on molecular biology and cytogenetics have been incorporated into the organ system chapters. This edition also has a greater focus on avoiding diagnostic errors. A bound-in image bank DVD is included in this edition.
- Offers the most authoritative and comprehensive, yet readable coverage available in any pathology textbook, making it ideal for USMLE or specialty board preparation as well as for course work.
- Includes access to the complete contents online via Student Consult, along with self-assessment and review questions, over 100 interactive clinical case studies, downloadable images, videos, and a virtual microscope that lets users view slides at different magnifications.
- Delivers a state-of-the-art understanding of the pathologic basis of disease through completely updated coverage, including the latest cellular and molecular biology.
- Demonstrates every concept visually with over 1,600 full-color photomicrographs and conceptual diagrams - many revised for even better quality.
- Facilitates learning with an outstanding full-color, highly user-friendly design.
Description: Based on Lever's Histopathology of the Skin, Second Edition, this full-color atlas presents an algorithmic pattern recognition approach to differential diagnosis of skin diseases. Whereas Lever's classifies diseases by pathogenesis, this atlas aids in differential diagnosis of unknown cases by classifying diseases morphologically, based on their location in the skin and the patterns and cell types seen through the microscope. Within each morphologic category, prototypic disorders are described and illustrated with full-color photomicrographs, and a list of differential diagnostic possibilities is presented. The atlas contains over 1,300 full-color illustrations.